The club was organized on January 24, 1959, with twenty-five charter members present. The object of the club was to encourage, promote interest in numismatics, to cultivate friendly relations among coin collectors, dealers and students. A special effort was placed upon the educating and assisting of young people showing a sincere interest in coin collecting.Harold Wilkinson of Fremont was elected as the first president of the Fremont Coin Club. Other officers elected were Robert Brunner as vice president, Carl Hansen as secretary-treasurer and W.W. Clark as the sergeant-at-arms. All regular meetings were to be held on the third Saturday of each month at the Fremont Fire Station at 7:30 p.m.
On May 5, 1966, the Fremont Coin Club was incorporated by Harold Marsh, Secretary of State, of the State of Nebraska with forty-seven active club members.In 1967 the Fremont Coin Club, Inc. issued Centennial Medals in silver, nickel-silver, oxidized bronze and goldline finishes. Wooden Souvenir Nickels were also issued in four varieties to help commemorate and promote the activities of the club.According to the information available from club records, there were twenty-six active coin clubs in Nebraska in 1967. The Fremont Coin club to date has approximately fifty members and holds it meetings at the Free Evangelical Church in Fremont, still on the third Saturday of each month at 7:00 PM. Every year the Fremont Coin Club holds its annual Coin Show. The event currently takes place at the Main Arena at Christian Field. Learn more about the show on the Shows and Conventions page.